One World partners are building sustainable solutions to local problems affecting children and their caregivers around the world. Grassroots partners supported by One World work in a range of areas to help children access the basic necessities. These include:
- Improving children’s health through increased access to healthcare resources and health education, including HIV/AIDS and drug prevention.
- Supporting orphans and other vulnerable children with clean clothes to wear, nutritious meals to eat, a bed to sleep on, a school to attend, and a bright, dignified future ahead.
- Improving children’s access to quality education, including literacy, vocational training, afterschool programs, mentorship programs and leadership skills.
- Increasing opportunities for girls and women, including education for girls and microfinance programs for mothers.
- Creating sustainable communities, through empowering children to become global citizens and promoting equitable rural livelihoods.